CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Words of Comfort

“…I have loved you with an everlasting love, I have drawn you with lovingkindness.
I will build you up again: You will be rebuilt…
Again you will take up your tambourines and go out to dance with the joyful.”

(Jeremiah 31:3-4)


Today these words are a comfort to me because today, I don’t feel very loved, and I don’t feel like I will ever be whole. It is a very good thing that His Words are Truth, and not my thoughts, because my thoughts are definitely in the pit today.


I hate days like this, days that it feels overwhelming and never-ending. Days where everything seems filtered through the lens of depression. Everything is clouded by sadness and what sometimes feels like despair, and a heaviness that I can’t seem to shake. My mind hurts, my body hurts, and my heart hurts.


BUT PRAISE GOD…HE IS STILL GOD!!!!!! He is reaching down into my pit and drawing me out! He is my support and He arms me with strength. He gives me His shield of victory…did you see that? I will have victory over this because He is going to give it to me! He stoops down to make me great…me, who feels so unloved today. He sees all my weeping, hears all my cries for mercy, and He accepts my prayers today…Praise Him! He will deliver me from the deep waters of depression to a spacious place that He has picked just for me!


So until then I will be joyful in all things, I will keep on praying, and I will keep giving Him thanks in this circumstance because this is His will for me…(1 Thess. 5:16-18)
And who knows…maybe I’ll even be dancing soon!



Breathe in His Word today,
Crystie

2 comments:

Regina

I was in the same kind of pit Wednesday. It must have been in the air. But. . . Thursday came! Praise the Lord. He drew me out. I love Him so much I can hardly stand it.

Thanks for the post. I needed to hear this.

Lydia

Sounds like he is teaching you the dance steps. Thanks for sharing the dance lessons with us! I sure need them. Love you!