CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, April 9, 2009

“God is our place of safety. He gives us strength. He is always there to help us in times of trouble.” Psalms 46:1 NIRV

A place of safety……

A place to be who you are. A place without condemnation. A place to fall and be picked up again. A place to be broken, and a place to be healed. A place where love abounds and is freely given. A place where love is never taken away.

Strength from him……

Means no more defeat. No more being alone in battle. Knowing that when you stand, He stands beside you. Knowing that when you can’t, He can, He will, and He does! Let God’s love abound in your heart. Stand in the shelter of His refuge. Fight with His strength that only He gives.
“God is our place of safety. He gives us strength. He is always there to help us in times of trouble.”


These words bring such comfort in the midst of my fight with depression. Knowing that I can be who I am without having to hide. I am loved as I am...loved without limits. Knowing I am not alone sometimes is the only thing that keeps me going. Knowing it...not necessarily feeling it. Standing on what I know to be true, is so much better than listening to the lies that the enemy whispers in my ear. Getting through the moment on His strength is so much better than relying on mine, or other's. He is the only one that can give true strength in trouble...in depression...in despair...or whatever burden you may face today.

Remember, God's Word is His very breath...Inhale!
Crystie

1 comments:

LynnSC

He is the safe place... the place of comfort and strength!! This is a great post Crystie. Sometimes we just have to live what we know instead of what we feel.

Love ya!
Lynn