CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, January 6, 2011

That's all I ask....

Ex 14:14
" The Lord will fight for you, you need only to stand."

As I began praying about and searching for which verse I wanted to start the new year off with, I asked God to lead me to a verse that I needed, one I could learn from. When I came acroos this verse, I had been chatting online with a friend about participating in Beth Moore's Siesta Scripture Memory Team. As we finished our conversation, she left me with Ex. 14:14. When I looked the verse up, I immedeately felt the Lord speak to my heart. "All I am asking you to do in the midst of your depression is to stand," is what I felt Him say to me. Standing is the one thing that I sometimes think I don't have enough strength for. Why? Why do I find it so hard to just stand? Because I'm too busy kicking and screaming and trying to fight this thing out. I'm so consumed with the "why" that I can't see what He is trying to teach me. There is so much more to this thing that my mind can see. There's a much bigger purpose for my pain. He promises that He will fight this battle for me. I waste so much time and energy when all I need to do is be still and stand. Stand on what? His truth, His promises, His Word. Seems so simple...can I stand? Will I stand? Will I choose to stand and let Him do the rest? Will I claim His promises and hold fast to His Word? My prayer and desire for 2011 is that I will take Him at His Word and let Him have the battle...it is His to fight anyway. All He is asking of me is to stand and let Him fight it.

Crystie

0 comments: